COVID-19 Pandemic Resources
UCC Pandemic Response Bridging Loan Application Form (click here):
The purpose of this loan is to assist communities of faith in continuing with operations, while complying with Disbursement of Funds Priorities—Order of Priority (The Manual, section G.4.2.4). This is an emergency response to the pandemic and is for helping communities of faith bridge the financial strain. It should not be used in any other way.
The above form is to be submitted together with this form: Regional Council requirements for UCC Bridging Loan – Form
Please consult local, provincial, and federal public health agencies for the latest updates on COVID-19 that may affect your community of faith. Many churches are moving to online worship and connecting through conference calls as well. Below are some resources to be of assistance. Remember: We are not alone.
The United Church of Canada has prepared the Emergency Plan to help communities of faith plan ahead for contingencies that may or may not arise, realizing that planning ahead is a way to reduce anxiety. The Faith Communities and COVID-19 page on The United Church of Canada website offers resources, links and news on one central page.
Gratitude and Generosity Bulletin Template
The above page is a template for a bulletin insert about generosity and giving for use during the Season of Easter or the whole season. Please personalise it for your context. Replace words within square brackets to suit your needs: delete the methods of giving that you do NOT use, and add opportunities for service in your community.
Congregational Support Toolkit
Safety Considerations for Reopening during the Pandemic
- Safety Considerations for Reopening during the Pandemic: Guidance for those responsible for making decisions in all parts of the church, and things to consider before moving from one phase to another. As of May 7, 2020.
- Phase 1: Reopening the Building during the Pandemic: Small groups may meet in person in small numbers, with social distancing and masks. Worship will continue to be online only, with some exceptions for outdoor worship.
- Phase 2: Reopening In-Person Worship during the Pandemic: Worship and other activities resume in church buildings, with social distancing and other measures.
- Phase 3: Full Return during the Pandemic: For worship and other gatherings, you will still need to consider the health and safety regulations of your province.
Each council makes decisions on reopening for its areas of responsibility. The governing board of each community of faith should consult with its local public health unit, provincial health ministry, and regional council. The guiding principle is the safety of all who enter the building.
- Ontario Ministry of Health COVID-19 Updates
- Care for people at higher risk (from the Centre for Disease Control)
- Ontario Public Health COVID-19 Resources
- Getting Workplaces Ready for COVID 19 (World Health Organization)
- Canadian Council of Churches Statement: A Call for Compassion and Community
- COVID – 19 United Church Statement (includes a link at the bottom of the page to guidelines)
- Ecumenical Response to Outbreak in China
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Breaking the Chain Reducing the Spread of Infection
- Being Faithful during Cold and Flu Season